Tutorial for Segment 038 – Circle Segment Breakouts
- V1 has a segmented circle with a segmented halo and is a perfect square
- V2 has a segmented circle with a segmented halo and is a rectangle
- V3 has a segmented circle and is a perfect square
- V4 has a segmented circle and is a rectangle.
Customizing the Segmented Breakouts
Group the framework before you resize. Consider rescaling the framework by holding the shift key down as you resize. Then your circle will retain its perfect dimensions.
Color variationsAll of the fields in these framework can receive fill and line colors. Choose colors from your template's palette to make sure the frameworks blend well with the other content in your presentation.
PowerPoint 2007 options
Not really needed.
Don't use 3D
Here are some ways you can apply shadows to these frameworks:
- Shadow breakout sections after they are grouped
- Shadow circle sections after they are grouped and place on top of the shadow breakout sections
Gradients, patterns, and pictures
Gradients and patterns may be okay to use with the circle sections if they are subdued and don't interfere with the readability of the text. Pictures are a little tricky. Since the breakout sections are irregular sizes, it's important to choose pictures that work with the shape you wish to use. The aspects of the picture that tell its story must be still visible after the picture has been imported into the shape.
Click here to go to the FAQ that explains cutting photographs into puzzle pieces or any irregularly shaped objects.
Animate each circle section and breakout section as sequential reveals.