Remove space around a text field for best alignment
It's difficult to get a perfect alignment with a field of text and a graphic object or photograph if the text field has space around it. You should know how to get rid of this space. Here's how.
- Select the text field using the selection tool (not the text insertion tool or I-beam)
- Then right click on the text field and a menu will pop up
- Select "Format Shape" at the bottom of the menu
- This will bring up the "Format Shape" menu
- Click on"Text Box at the bottom of the left-hand list in the "Format Shape" menu
- This will bring up yet another menu
- In the "Autofit" section, click the button for "Resize shape to fit text"
- AND, in the "Internal margin" section, type in "0" left, right, top, and bottom boxes
- Click "Close"
- Then decide how you want to align your text: left, center, right, justified