Working with Frameworks
Is there a way to create a field that blocks content on a slide that has a gradient or picture background, like when part of the segmented circle needs to be covered when spin animation is used?
Yes, and it only takes a few steps.
PowerPoint 2003 and PowerPoint 2007
The technique is the same for both versions of PowerPoint:
- View the slide that has the background you want to save as a picture
- Right-click the slide (be sure not to right click on any text or graphic fields) and click Save Background
- In the File name box, name the slide background
- In the Save as type list, select the graphics format you want
- Route to your desktop or to a place on your computer where you can find the new picture
- Click Save
- Drag the newly saved picture of the background onto your slide
- Resize if necessary to match the size of your background
- Make sure it on the top layer of the slide
- Crop the picture so that it creates an "invisible field" to block underlying content.
Click on the flash player below to see this technique.